A Little Hope partners with Gerard's House to launch Nuestra Jornada program
In May 2015, Alesia K Alexander Lane, LCSW, CT went to Santa Fe, New Mexico to train and advise the staff and advisory committee of Gerard's House. She shared her invaluable perspectives on expansion programs in marginalized communities and helped instill confidence in the staff moving forward. They are currently partnering with 3 Santa Fe Public Schools who are now selecting students for 3 weekly grief support groups to start in October. They have created a Spanish-language Community Resource Directory emphasizing services needed by immigrant families, along with an array of other materials in Spanish to help promote and support the Nuestra Jornada program.
According to Katrina Koehhler, Executive Director, " Spanish-speaking immigrants have often felt unwanted and unaccepted in New Mexico. They have faced walls upon walls - the wall at the border, walls to medical care, walls to education, walls to employment...For the first time, someone is stepping towards them with validation. The fact that it is a coalition of people who are both inside and outside their community, makes it even more meaningful". A Little Hope, Inc. is proud to be a part of this coalition.
- A Night for Our Children 2017
- ALH reaffirms its mission as a creator of innovative initiatives in childhood bereavement
- A Night for Our Children
- A Little Hope partners with Gerard's House to launch Nuestra Jornada program
- A Little Hope partners with Roberta's House to develop & implement a Citywide School Good Grief Program
- ALH partners with Experience Camps to launch The Kennybrook Experience
- ALH Launches Inclusion Program/Community Outreach Expansion Initiative
- ALH & Comfort Zone Camp launch Suicide Loss Family Bereavement Camp
- Partnership with Warrick Dunn Charities to launch Betty's Hope
- How Children Mourn - A Special Report with Katie Couric
- ALH Launches Newtown Program with Regional Hospice of Western CT. Healing Hearts Center
- When Families Grieve - PBS